UPDATE: Following the announcement on 31 October 2020 that England will be going into a second national lockdown on 5 November 2020 (for four weeks), we want to reassure patients that we are open and here for you (for routine care and treatments at Jesmond and Ponteland, and emergency care at Stanley). If you have an appointment booked with us, please attend as normal. If you have a toothache, please contact us and one of our dentists will call you back to assess your emergency. Please bear with us as we are working to limited capacity, but we want to see you as soon as we can.
When you call the practice, the dentist will triage your call and will book an appointment if necessary.
- Medical history will be checked.
- Dentist will offer advice over the telephone.
- Payment will be taken
- £22.70 NHS emergency fee
- Plan patients will not be charged for emergency appointments.
- Covid 19 risk assessment completed over the phone.
Arriving at your appointment
- During phases 1&2 the surgery door will be locked. Please knock on the door when you arrive. Wait in the car / outside the clinic until your appointment time.
- Please attend alone for your appointment when possible.
- Please do not bring extra coats / bags – you will be asked to leave these in a box in the reception area when you arrive.
- Please avoid public transport to travel to your appointment when possible.
- Please use the toilet at home before attending your appointment – toilet facilities will notbe in use.
- The waiting area will not be in use. Please do not sit in the waiting area.
- A member of the team will escort you from the entrance of the clinic straight into the treatment surgery.
- On entering the clinic you will be asked to use the hand santiser in the waiting area.
- The dentist will carry out any necessary treatment under full PPE.
- You will be escorted out by a member of staff and any future appointments will be made on the telephone, unless the dentist specifically asks you to visit the reception desk.
We ask for patience when waiting outside. Please call us when you are outside. A member of the team will open the door when they are ready to take you in for your appointment. Please obey the social distancing rules when waiting outside.
Please wear a mask when attending for your appointment. You will be asked to take this off once you are in the treatment room.