What are composite veneers?
A composite veneer is a thin layer of dental composite resin (tooth-coloured filling material) that is carefully custom-moulded over the surface of the teeth to improve the appearance of the smile.
The treatment includes the gradual build-up of the composite resin material on the teeth (in a shade which matches the surrounding teeth) before being hardened with a high intensity light to bond it securely, and then smoothed and polished to look shiny, natural and healthy.
What are the advantages of composite veneers?
- It’s a non-invasive treatment. There is very little or no preparation of the tooth needed, so you can improve your smile in a single visit to the dentist and they won’t need to drill down your healthy enamel or damage the tooth structure in any way
- It’s an economical alternative to porcelain veneers
- No anaesthetic injections are needed
- Composite veneers can make chipped teeth look intact again
- They can close small gaps when orthodontic treatment is not suitable
- They can improve the appearance of dark or discoloured teeth
- Repairs can be made easily if the composite stains or chips
- Should you ever want the composite resin to be removed or replaced, this can be done, leaving your natural teeth unharmed
How long will a composite veneer last?
- The longevity of composite veneers depends on how well the patient looks after their teeth, and their dietary habits.
- Although composite veneers can last for several years, they are not as strong as natural teeth, and can chip or fracture, so it’s important to treat them with care.
- Composite veneers do require regular maintenance, as they have a tendency to stain and do need to be polished. Visit your dentist and hygienist every six months to keep your smile looking and feeling as clean and fresh as possible.
How much will it cost?
- The cost of composite veneers depends on the amount of teeth to be treated, and the complexity of the treatment. Your dentist will confirm the cost at your free consultation.
- A free consultation
- A bespoke treatment plan
- A written fee estimate
- Interest free credit for any treatment over £350
- Up to 20% off private treatments when you become a member of The Honour Health Club (ask us for further information)
Book a free, no obligation smile consultation at your chosen practice today.