PLEASE NOTE: There will be no change to our existing COVID protocols after 19 July 2021. We therefore ask that patients please continue to observe the instructions outlined below, for the safety of other patients and our staff. This includes wearing a mask when you arrive at the practice, and observing social distancing. Thank you.
We are here for you at Honour Health during this challenging time, and we are able to offer routine care and a full range of treatments at our practices in Jesmond, Ponteland and Stanley. If you are due for a routine appointment, we advise you to contact us directly. There are no walk-in appointments available, so please call or email us to book your visit. Online booking is not available at this time. Please bear with us as we are working to limited capacity, but we want to see you as soon as we can. Your understanding and patience is appreciated.
All Honour Health practices have implemented enhanced cross infection control protocols to ensure the maximum safety of our patients and our team. We have placed screens on our reception desks, changed the layout of the clinics and placed social distancing notices and floor markings in reception. We have removed touch points such as magazines and water coolers from our waiting area. All of our team have been provided with appropriate PPE to carry out your dental treatment (but they are smiling behind the masks)!
Making an appointment
- When you call or email your chosen practice, our reception team will make an appointment for you and take the appropriate payment.
- In the days leading up to your appointment, we will send you a link to our Patient Portal, with instructions for you to fill out a COVID-19 assessment. You are required to complete this assessment before your visit. The Patient Portal is securely linked to our dental software and also enables you to update your medical history form, fill out an oral health questionnaire and confirm your contact preferences – all in the comfort of your own home.
Arriving at your appointment
- The front door to the practice will be locked, as we are operating a closed door service. Please wait in the car / outside the clinic until your appointment time.
- When you get to the entrance, please call us to let us know you’ve arrived.
- We ask for patience when waiting outside.
- Please obey the social distancing rules while you are waiting.
- Please attend alone for your appointment when possible.
- Please do not bring extra coats / bags.
- A member of the team will open the door and escort you from the entrance of the clinic into the treatment surgery when they are ready to take you in for your appointment.
- Please wear a mask when attending for your appointment. You will be asked to take this off once you are in the treatment room.
- On entering the clinic please use the hand sanitiser at the entrance.
- The waiting area will not be in use. Please do not sit in the waiting area.
- The dentist will carry out any necessary treatment under full PPE.
- Future appointments will be made on the telephone, unless the dentist specifically asks you to visit the reception desk before you leave.
- Please use the toilet at home before attending your appointment – toilet facilities will not be in use.
Thank you. We look forward to seeing you soon!