At Honour Health, we offer laser hair removal in our Newcastle clinic, using our state-of-the-art Soprano Xli laser machine.
This is a really popular treatment with both men and women, particularly if they’re preparing for a holiday or a special occasion, or even if they’re just getting tired of regular shaving and waxing.
Laser hair removal treatments offer a permanent reduction of unwanted hair growth, so if you’ve been looking for a long-term hair removal solution, this could be the answer!
Read on to find out all you need to know about how laser hair removal can help you achieve smooth, hair-free skin.
How does laser hair removal work?
Laser hair removal works by gradually heating the skin to a temperature that effectively damages the hair follicles and prevents re-growth.
A high repetition rate of short pulses are delivered deep into the skin, gradually building up power and heat.
Our skin aesthetician uses a sweeping in-motion technique of moving the applicator repeatedly over the treatment area, ensuring full coverage, while simultaneous contact cooling on the skin surface allows for virtually painless, yet highly effective hair removal.
How is the laser hair removal treatment carried out?
- We first see you for a free consultation to check your suitability for laser hair removal treatment
- If you are suitable for the treatment, you will be asked to shave the treatment area 24 hours prior to your appointment
- When you come in for your treatment, a small amount of ECG gel is applied to the area, which helps to ease the sweeping in-motion technique, making the treatment more comfortable
- You and the aesthetician put on safety goggles
- The laser hair removal machine is set to the time and energy required for the treatment area
- The applicator is used in a sweeping motion, keeping constant contact with the skin for the required time
- After the treatment, any remaining ECG gel is gently removed and Aloe Vera gel is applied
What happens next?
- For the best results, we recommend patients undergo a course of between 4 and 8 laser hair removal treatments – depending on the area treated
- You can keep the area hair-free by shaving, though we do not recommend patients wax between laser hair removal sessions as this can disrupt the growth cycle of hair and make further treatments less effective
One of the other fantastic benefits of laser hair removal is that it is an effective treatment for ingrown hairs, meaning you can enjoy smoother skin than with many other hair removal methods.
Interested in finding out more? Book a free consultation with our skin aesthetician Bobbi in our Skin Sanctuary in Jesmond. Call us on 0191 281 3913, email firstname.lastname@example.org or book online at www.honourhealth.co.uk