In phase 1 all patients will be triaged over the phone before they are given an appointment. We are now offering a limited number of NHS and private emergency face to face dental appointments.
We are operating a telephone triage service at Honour Health Stanley and Jesmond. All calls to our Ponteland practice have been re-directed to our Jesmond practice. We have been providing this service since we closed in late March.
There is a dentist on-call daily to provide advice, prescribe remote prescriptions for antibiotics and refer patients to urgent dental care centres should this be required.
We are able to send prescriptions electronically to your nearest pharmacy to prevent unnecessary travel to the practice.
All calls, emails and messages on social media have been recorded and logged. We will use this call log to contact patients when we reopen for routine care.
All routine appointments for examinations, treatment and hygiene visits in June have been cancelled. We will contact these patients to rearrange their missed appointments.
Please call us if:
- You have facial swelling
- You have a loose tooth causing pain
- You have toothache waking you up at night
- You have pain uncontrolled by paracetamol or ibuprofen
- You have bleeding
- You have an abscess (a lump above a tooth on the gum)
- You have been prescribed antibiotics and you are still in pain
- You have suffered from trauma (had a fall or knocked a tooth)
- You have lost a filling and you are now in pain.
Please do not call us:
- To cancel appointments
- To make your routine dental appointment
After a telephone triage consultation, the dentist may decide face to face treatment is required.