What does the new lockdown mean for Honour Health?
As you know, a third lockdown has been announced in England (4 January 2021). We want to reassure you that we are still here for you at Honour Health.
Our practices have provided emergency dental care throughout the pandemic, and in recent months we have been seeing as many patients as possible. We have resumed routine care and treatment at our Jesmond, Ponteland and Stanley practices. As always, we put the safety of our patients and staff first.
I have already booked an appointment. What should I do?
If you have an upcoming appointment booked in with us, please attend this appointment as normal. We have received confirmation that we are to remain open throughout this lockdown.
If you would prefer to rearrange your upcoming appointment, then we would appreciate it if you could please give us as much notice as possible.
What if I have toothache?
If you are in pain, have swelling or bleeding, please call your chosen practice to book an emergency appointment. We will ensure you see one of our dentists as soon as possible.
If it has been a while since your last visit, here is what to expect:
How do you keep everyone safe?
- We call to risk-assess patients prior to their appointments
- We have social distancing notices and floor markings in our reception area
- We have removed touch points such as magazines and water coolers and from our waiting area, and we ask everyone to use hand sanitiser on arrival
- Our receptionists sit behind screens and provide contactless payment options
- Our dentists and nurses wear the highest levels of PPE (including FFP3 masks) – but they are smiling behind the masks!
- We have increased the time between appointments to carry out enhanced cleaning and cross infection control measures in our surgeries
- We take the temperature of our staff on arrival and they have socially-distanced breaks
- Our toilets are not open for routine use (please bear this in mind ahead of your visit)
Thank you for your loyalty and patience during this time. We are here for you and we will get through this together.
Take a look at our video here, showing how we are keeping you safe during lockdown 2.0.
Find out the latest COVID-19 updates on the NHS website here
The Honour Health Team