National Smile Month is a national annual charity campaign about championing the benefits of having good oral health and promoting the value of a healthy smile.
Between 17 May and 17 June, the Oral Health Foundation will be raising awareness of important health issues – and we’re proud to show our support by sharing these key messages for better oral health:
- Brush teeth for two minutes, last thing at night and one other time during the day, with a fluoride toothpaste
- Clean between your teeth every day
- Cut down how much and how often you have sugary foods and drinks
- Visit a dentist regularly
The impact of COVID-19 on the nation’s oral health has been huge. Lockdown statistics from the Oral Health Foundation reveal that:
- 96% of dentists believe lockdown has negatively impacted the UK’s oral health
- 55% of British adults feel they have neglected their teeth during lockdown
- 24% of British adults have been using online remedies to treat their oral health instead of seeking advice from the dentist
- 84% of the population could be at increased risk of tooth decay
These statistics show that, now more than ever, we need to spread the word about the importance of good oral health. A healthy mouth matters!
We at Honour Health are always here for you if you’re concerned about your oral health or if you’d like any advice.
If you’re due for you next check-up with your dentist or a visit to our hygienist at Honour Health, please call your chosen practice (Jesmond – 0191 281 3913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org), Stanley – 01207 232 725 or email email@example.com, Ponteland – 01661 821 412 or email firstname.lastname@example.org) and we’ll book an appointment for you. It’s business as usual at Honour Health, as we’re seeing patients for all routine care and treatment. Read full details of our COVID-safe procedures here: https://www.honourhealth.co.uk/covid19/
National Smile Month is the perfect opportunity to reassess your oral health, and the website www.smilemonth.org has a wealth of information, resources and tips to help you look after your mouth.