What is new at Honour Health?
As you know, COVID-19 has had a huge impact on dental care in 2020, but we are here for you at Honour Health.
Our practices have provided emergency dental care throughout the pandemic, and now we are resuming routine care and treatment at Jesmond and Ponteland. At Stanley, we are seeing emergencies only at present. As always, we put the safety of our patients and staff first.
If it has been a while since your last visit, here is what to expect:
How do you keep everyone safe?
- We call to risk-assess patients prior to their appointments
- We have social distancing notices and floor markings in our reception area
- We have removed touch points such as magazines and water coolers and from our waiting area, and we ask everyone to use hand sanitiser on arrival
- Our receptionists sit behind screens and provide contactless payment options
- Our dentists and nurses wear the highest levels of PPE (including FFP3 masks) – but they are smiling behind the masks!
- We have increased the time between appointments to carry out enhanced cleaning and cross infection control measures in our surgeries
- We take the temperature of our staff on arrival and they have socially-distanced breaks
- Our toilets are not open for routine use (please bear this in mind ahead of your visit)
Take a look at this video walk-through showing what to expect at your visit: https://youtu.be/4VACKqN9sP4
What about hygiene treatments?
- We are currently not permitted to provide Airflow during our hygiene appointments, due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- Our hygienist instead provides a thorough hand scale and polish treatment to remove calculus and plaque build-up.
- This treatment is included in membership for Honour Health Club members and is £45 for non-members.
- Currently this service is only on offer at Jesmond and Ponteland.
As we need to leave more time between appointments, and we have reduced capacity due to COVID-19 restrictions, our waiting times are longer than usual. Please bear with us as we want to see you as soon as we can.
Thank you for your loyalty and patience during this time. We look forward to welcoming you back to Honour Health soon!